Subject: Re: B&W keyboard stuff
To: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/10/1999 17:43:33
On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Hans-Christian Becker wrote:
>
> > I tried Bill Studenmund's kernel on ftp.netbsd.org, and it works like a
> > charm. I immediately got the kernel source tarball and compiled a GENERIC
> > kernel on the G3, and, yes, then the keyboard was gone. Yuck. Nevermind,
> > WATERDEEP-47
>
> Ick. That means the patches I'm holding onto need to be in the tree! :-(

Turns out that I'm not holding onto needed patches.

The problem is that around May 15th (two days after the usb support went
in), the wscons code got changed. This is the MI console code which most
ports are moving to, and which macppc uses. Somehow in the change, we lost
whatever step actually turns on the keyboard!

All you need to do is log into the machine once it's up (I have sshd
configured to run automatically :-)  and then type "wsconsctl -f
/dev/wskbd1 -a". This command prints out info about the keyboard, and has
the side effect of activating it.

Hopefully we'll have it working right soon.

Take care,

Bill