Subject: Re: How to netboot?
To: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
From: William O Ferry <woferry@iname.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/21/1999 09:52:34
>/sys/arch/macppc/stand/ofwboot. You need the "ofwboot.elf" file. It's
>on ftp.netbsd.org somewhere too if you can't build it.

	Ah.  I've seen that file on the FTP server, but wasn't quite sure of
the point.  Well, it dies on my PowerBook much like any kernel does,
"DEFAULT CATCH!, code=FFF00300 at   %SRR0: FF80AFD0   %SRR1: 0000B070".  The
"code" value is the same as a failing kernel, the SRR's are different (dunno
if this helps any..  =)  Wondering now if the ELF loader actually works at all
on the PowerBooks.  That's why I'd suggested doing something in Forth instead,
presumably the various OF versions handle Forth a bit more reliably than they
seem to handle ELF.

	Thanks.

                                                          Will Ferry

woferry@iname.com