Subject: Re: bootfloppy-990220.fs on PMG3MT266
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
From: Yoshihisa Sugimoto <sugimoto@sums.shiga-med.ac.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/27/1999 00:28:08
Hi,

At 5:31 PM 99.2.24, Erik Bertelsen wrote:
> Furthermore when I try to install on a disk, it will consistently issue a
> diagnostic window saying that the /sbin/newfs /dev/rsd1a command failed, but
> not telling why it fails. This happens with default and with custom partit
>ioning.
>
> Exiting to the shell allows me to run disklabel as well as newfs to create
> my file systems.

I experienced the same phenomenon on 7600/200 and 9600/200MP with the 990220
floppy. The reason why newfs failed is that disklabel did not run correctly,
I think. As I checked "disklabel sd0", nothing had changed. After I ran disk
label manually, then newfs worked, as in the Erik's report.
Next I tried to configure network. The mc0 complained "mc0: collision error,
mc0: lost carrier". This phenomenon is common in 7600/200 and 9600/200MP, too.

--
Yoshihisa Sugimoto, M.D., Ph. D.
Medical Information Center / First Deapartment of Medicine