Port-mac68k archive

Re: Booter for 9.3 kernel not working

At 15:52 Uhr -0500 26.01.2024, Matthew Stock wrote:
>Yes, I'm sure that's the issue.  My only NetBSD partition is 7GB in
>size, and once you put the kitchen sink on it, new files are going to
>be using blocks that are out in the 1.5GB or 2GB range...
>
>When I was partitioning, I thought about limits in terms of NetBSD,
>but I never really thought about the System 7 side of the equation.
>:-)

Well, it's not strictly the System 7 side, in that HFS is out of the
picture once the Booter accesses an UFS partition.

But when the Booter was written, an 80 MByte disk was considered large, and
six byte SCSI addresses were good enough for everybody. The issue came up
before, and Martin at least has patches, but the Booter release management
is somewhat lacking.  ;)

Re-partition, and you should be fine.

Cheerio,
Hauke