Subject: Quadra 630 (was Documentation for graphics cards)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Ball <aball@students.prairiestate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/2007 21:34:27
Hello Hauke,

  HF> ...and yes. The '030 PDS is backward compatible, that is it can
    > take an LC PDS card.

That's useful to know.  I plan to scrap an LC next week, but if anyone
here can make use of its 10baseT card, I will save it for them.

  HF> The *630 was a consumer machine, and there were a lot more
    > extension cards available for the LC and LC III PDSes, than for
    > the '040 PDSes present in the Nubus equipped Quadras.

I /think/ I still have a Performa 638CD somewhere, which is probably
similar to the Quadra 630.  It has a TV tuner card that works under
System 7.  I don't know whether the TV tuner card is capable of video
capture or whether it's more of a genlock. I doubt it's supported, but
I'll happily sent it to anyone interested in writing a driver.  I read
somewhere that I/O performance on the 638CD was dismal.  Is this true
of the Quadra 630?

- Andy Ball.