Subject: BSD idiots guide ....for me...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael Mielko <mastersounds@mindspring.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/19/2003 11:12:22
I got into the Net BSD thing because I thought it would be fun to play
with on an ancient Macintosh Performa 460.

i have the thing bumped to max ram (36 megs) and upped the video ram
(from 256 to 768K) added an ethernet card

I have 1.6.1 up and running, and I think I cross compiled Gnome from
the i86 package CD.... (Well Mkpkg unzipped it, put it away, and buit
it) but it running is another question.

before I jump that far ahead....

I need to get color support going... and then I want to get the Gnome
desktop going....

so basicly, I need someone to take my hand and show me what I am doing
wrong or right.... by the way, anything with the name 'gnome' was
installed from the iX86(Intel) CD package.

soo,,,,, anyone ? help....

michael...