Subject: Re: ELF? (worse)
To: <>
From: Emile Schwarz <emile.schwarz@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/16/2002 10:39:21
Worse ;-:)

I didn’t undestand what is ELF and why this is good for all of us !

OK, I didn’t make search about that, but is there’s somewhere a comprehensive explanation for what is ELF, benefits (and cons), etc.

I also am eager to read the answer to Dave question ;-:)  (same as above: small or comprehensive explanation of what is needed to
install an ELF NetBSD “machine”).

TIA,

Emile

Dave Huang wrote:

> I admit I haven't been watching this list too closely, so apologies if
> this has already been discussed :)
>
> I know Steve Allen has been making ELF snapshots, but once I install a
> snapshot, what do I have to do if I want to rebuild my system and keep
> the ELF toolchain? Is it just a matter of setting USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN?

/~\ The ASCII        “If I’d lived in Roman times, I’d lived in Rome.
\ / Ribbon Campaign  Where else ?  Today America is the Roman Empire
 X  Against HTML     and New York is Rome itself.”
/ \ Email!           John Winston-Ono Lennon, early 70’s.