Subject: bad dir ino 2 at offset 0: mangled entry
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: anatol <ANC980@st.aubg.bg>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/08/2001 02:09:20
Hi,

I'm trying to install NetBSD on a Quadra 800, 24RAM, 80HD1, 495HD2.

On the second hard disk SCSI  id 1 is a Fudjitsu 495 MB, with one of
those special controllers NS-ACAM 6.2.6
SCSI 0 is for Mac system 80MB.

I've had problems all along. Somehow I got to repartition the second
HD, (the apple partitioning tool refuzed to see it as SCSI).

Somehow got to the installer.  However, somewhere at 40% of
installing base.tgz, sometimes earlier, sometimes at 90%, the
installer console gives this sort of error:

----

Error on SCSIRead(), #5
Error on SCSIWrite(), #5
Error on SCSIRead(), #5
/: bad dir ino 2 at offset 0: mangled entry
bad dir

----

sometimes it even says that the device is full (/), but I know there
should be space on the partition (450MB NetBSD Root&Usr).

Help!

anatol