Subject: a couple of questions from a newbie
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Luca Sironi <luca.sironi@rcm.inet.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/2001 19:04:11
First of all i greet you all subscribers of this list.
I've just installed NetBSD 1.5 (every set except X) on my Centris 660AV.
It works fine and my k6/2 linux box correctly see (and ping and telnet and
traceroute) to the centris.
I've got 20m of ram and a 230 hd (40 meg system 7.5.3, 40 meg swap, the
rest root&usr)
I also own an se/30 as my main Mac (the centris is a recent gift).
My idea is to use the Centris, if possible, to act as a tcp/ip gateway for
the se30 (that has only modem and printer port) to exit on the Net.
I would route the se30 traffic to the centris and the centris (via
ethernet mc0) to the pc and the pc (via ethernet ppp) to my ISP.
NetBSD could do this thing?
I've got a similar program (a bridge between localtalk and ethertalk)
called localpath under macOS.
Another question.
How can I use an Imagewriter II with this os?
It isn't in the /etc/printtcap (and beside all, i've got no idea how to
install a printer with bsd).
An Imagewriter II could print postcript files?
I'de like to set the Imagewriter as a network printer for the linux box
and the centris.
And with netatalk i want to share it with the se/30 :-))
Well i think i've asked enough for now!
Probably it's all written in some FAQ i've got no.
If so, you will tell me how to do and i will write the FAQ :-)
bye
luca_
--
Luca Sironi                http://www.retecivica.milano.it/~Luca_Sironi
luca_ (luca 'underscore')  "i topi non avevano nipoti"(frase palindroma)