Subject: RE: newbie - afterstep setup error
To: NetBSD/Mac68k Questions <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: J. Seth Henry <jshenry@net-noise.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/2001 11:06:48
An apparently little known secret is that you can get high color (16-bit+)
already. The only thing the color X servers can't do is 256 (8-bit) color.
They can do 256 (8-bit) grayscale though, as you mentioned. My Quadra 800
runs in glorious full color, but only at 800x600 (1024x768 uses too much
VRAM).
If there was anyway to upgrade the VRAM to support 16 bit color at 1024x768
on this machine, I would be seen doing it.

Seth Henry
jshenry@net-noise.com

Afterstep is really wasted on B&W, by the way. Any 68k mac can at
least do grayscale with the color Xserver. Is anyone running that on
NetBSD-1.5?

Frederick