Subject: Re: LC475 with Applie LC card (SONIC)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Hiroyuki SATO <g4lc@holsten.mech.hirosaki-u.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/11/2000 23:18:29
On Sun, 11 Jun 2000 06:42:36 -0500 (CDT), Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com> wrote;
>Let me see if I understand. You have 1.4 or 1.4.1 binaries, you have
>1.4.2 sources, and you are trying to build a kernel for 1.4.2? Try
>updating "config" before configuring for the new kernel.

I have binaries of 1.4, 1.4.1 and 1.4.2, and source sets of 1.4, 1.4.1, 1.4.2 and "current".
I tried to build my kernel on 1.4.2 with "current" sources and with updated "config", because
sources of "dvi/if_sn*" in "current" look updated from 1.4.2.
For the kernels I build with sources of 1.4, 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 fail to determine "sn" correctly,
I should use sources in "current", but it fails during building procedure with "cpp" messages.

I guess the situation of mine with the GENERIC kernel looks similar to that of Raymond's,
posted here few days ago.

>Subject: Asante MacCon for LC ethernet card problem
>From: Nathan Raymond <nate@portents.com>
>Date: 06/07/2000 23:28:26

His chip is the same with mine, i.e. "83932", and I believe we need new sources for the LC
cards.
I hope the situations are considered for the next source set release.

Hiroyuki SATO