Subject: Re: IIFX support
To: None <ryan@gstis.net>
From: Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/04/1999 01:34:52
> 	I finally got my Q630 moved to work (had to carry the sucker on
> the bus eeeeek!)

That's what's good about the compact Macs.  Get a Cousin It wig, some Mr.
Potato Head feet, and sit it next to you on the bus.

> so I should have some time to play now and again. I'm going to setup
> sup and sup the most recent sources... it'd be nice if I could
> cross-compile on my Solaris/x86 box though, any good instructions for
> this anywhere?? I'm thinking of trashing Solaris though, it's fun but
> it's pretty slow, even on a P-II/233 w/ 96MB of RAM...

If you're interested in a cross compiler, and ready to trash your current
OS setup, it'd probably be worth your while to install NetBSD on the PII,
as this would simplify a lot of things.

Besides, Solaris is not a desktop OS, and it's not really a single CPU OS
either.  It scales big, not small.

- alex