Subject: Re: fstat: no such file or directory
To: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/30/1999 12:51:54
On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:

> cpout succeeded.

> Boot stopped at:
>
> fpu0 at mainbus 0 (mc68882)
> boot device: sd1
> root on sd1a dumps on sd1b
> ...and hangs

I wonder if you can break into the debugger at this point?
(Command-Power on Quadras, the Interrupt switch on older Macs)
Is so, from the "db>" prompt, try "ps", "t", "c".

> previously the boot found:
> sd1 at scsibus 0 targ 6 lun 0: blah blah...
>
> I finally found a reference to the fstat message in INFO - it says the msg
> is harmless. Which unfortunately leaves me clueless...

It's harmless as long as you also see the files you installed. You do,
right? You also get "Root on sd1a" as the installer starts up?