Subject: Re: Q900 report and questions
To: Ryan Ordway <sammael@pacifier.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/20/1999 23:13:55
> 	2) Any more progress on the IOP code? I've not supped again since
> the 14th. The kernel I tried was a HWDIRECT... should I try a MRG as well?

I don't believe anyone else has looked at it.  I haven't had a chance to
and won't have a chance to until 31 July at the earliest, so I wouldn't
complain if someone else got to it before I did.  :-)

> 	3) Anybody have a little time to help me get this video card
> supported? I know enough 68k assembly to be dangerous to my machine's
> health, and have played with Macsbug a bit, but I'm sure I'd be lost
> without a little guidance. In the meantime I'll re-read the docs on the
> subject on macbsd.com...

If that's not enough, let me know.  Basically, I'm just interested in
getting the video interrupt cleared properly.  If you want to get it to
actually change video modes, palettes, etc., you're on your own...  ;-)

> 	4) Has anyone else had problems compiling kernels? I compiled 2
> different kernels with different options and both came up with warnings
> about variables possibly being used without being initialized in various
> different places.

That's a bug with the compiler.  In most (all?) cases, the variables
really are being initialized, but it's usually in something like:

	int	a, b;

	b = function();
	if (b) {
		a = get_a_pointer();
	}
	if (b) {
		function2(a);
	}

It's been a problem in the past, but apparently it's been more
extensively broken recently...

-allen