Subject: NetBSD1.3.3 on SyQuest doesn't work
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Masaya SATO <masaya@iwate-u.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1999 13:37:17
Hi, there!

I tried to install NetBSD/mac68k 1.3.3 onto a SyQuest EZ 135 drive. My systems are following :

Performa 550 (20MB RAM)
SyQuest EZ 135 drive (80M Root/User, 40M Swap, 7M Apple free and 0M Apple free which I left alone while preparing the file systems)

Everything had seemed to be going well until I booted for the second time. After a while I rebooted, the SyQuest drive suddenly started accessing itself and the OS got stuck with the message "bad block" and lots of HEX codes.

The INSTALLATION NOTES says "If you are installing onto removable media, Please see the FAQ". However I couldn't find the exact one, so I took the defaults while I was running the Mkfs. Does that have something to do with my problem? Would anyone please help me?

Masaya