Subject: Re: Current snapshot on LC II
To: Robert Billings <rbilling@aros.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/05/1999 21:17:04
Robert Billings wrote:
> Since I failed to write everything down, the best I have to go off of is
> memory. It seems to fail after setting up the Apple Sound Chip, I believe
> the next step in the process has something to do with the internal video
> but it never gets that far.

hmmm...would you mind writing down the last couple of lines the next time
you try it?

> I'm somewhat new at the "admin" stuff, I am playing with it at home. I know
> all of the messages that you see scroll by during the boot process are
> stored somewhere, but I can't remember where I saw them. If someone can
> enlighten me, I'll post exactly where it stops.

usually, /var/log/messages, but if syslog never started, i don't think
that they'll actually make it that far.

> I'm familiar with MacsBug and can get around in it pretty well but the BSD
> debugger is still new to me.

well, if you can break into the debugger using the programmer's switch or
the equivalent, try typing 'trace' at the prompt and let us know what the
stack trace looks like.  that might give someone a place to start looking.

later.

colin