Subject: Re: AOL tik
To: None <carroll@ultdev.chess.cornell.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <knakata@itpjp.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/08/1999 10:50:28
On Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:16:06 -0500 (EST), Brian Carroll wrote:

> 	I'm having trouble with tik, AOL's Tcl/Tk based instant messenger
> client.  It starts up ok, but when I hit the "SignOn" button I get a
> segmentation fault.  I'm running netbsd 1.3.2 on a Q610 and have Tcl/Tk
> 8.0p2.  Anyone have advice as to what the problem might be?

Might have something to do with the gcc optimization bug that causes
an X library (I can't remember which one) to segfault.  I thought
someone had posted here a binary patch (or rather how to apply it),
but I didn't keep the message.  Look into the list archive at
ftp.NetBSD.ORG or your nearest mirror site for the message.

Ken