Subject: Virtual FTP
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/18/1998 16:13:23
I would like to set up some virtual FTP support.

Specifically I'd like to have a directory that a user could write to that
one other ftp-only user could read.

Let's say user A needs a virtual ftp account where user A can place files
for a client to download. I give user an ftp only account for his clients
(Aclient). I want to have a directory that when Aclient logs in via
ftp this is where he will be chrooted to.

I am using WUFTPD beta 18 and I got the virtual support to work for
anonymous logins (depending on which ip you connect to you get a different
chrooted area). This is only working with anonymous, though. How do I make
a user that can only see this directory? And make it so that noone else
(anonymous included) can connect to this "virtual server"?

Thanks,

Joe Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging
St. Louis, MO