Subject: Re: Apple Ethernet Twisted-Pair NB
To: Ken Nakata <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Dair Grant <dair@dircon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/11/1998 07:55:33
Ken Nakata wrote:

>Here's the patch.  Apply the attached diffs to your 1.3.2 source,
>configure and build a kernel, and try the kernel. I'm fairly confident
>it'll recognize your card and find the hardware address correctly.

Good news - this patch appears to work. I can now boot, and the card
appears to be recognised (no hang at startup, and the MAC address is now
correct).

However, I'm unable to actually connect to other hosts: trying to ping
other machines from this host, or ping this machine from other hosts,
fails.

Having said that, tcpdump appears to claim that something is going
between the machines.

The IIsi running NetBSD is sideshowbob, and portia is an NT box that's
pinging sideshowbob.

 sideshowbob# tcpdump
 tcpdump: listening on sn0
 22:00:46.392401 arp who-has sideshowbob tell portia
 22:00:46.393062 arp reply sideshowbob is-at 8:0:7:dc:55:77
 22:00:47.342503 arp who-has sideshowbob tell portia
 22:00:47.343161 arp reply sideshowbob is-at 8:0:7:dc:55:77

I think I've set up my rc.conf, resolv.conf, hosts, and ifconfig.sn0
files correctly: given the above traffic, and that the card functions OK
under MacOS, any ideas as to why I can't actually connect anywhere?

-dair

(Work)  mailto:dair@lightwork.co.uk  http://www.lightwork.com/
(!Work) mailto:dair@kagi.com         http://www.kagi.com/dair/