Subject: Re: stylewriter II
To: Guy <fredfl2@soback.kornet21.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/09/1998 09:18:43
On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Guy wrote:

> But when I try to print nothing happens.  After I enter this:
>
> lpr -Pstylps file.ps
>
> I just get the prompt right.  No error message, but then no printing
> either.
> So I looked in my error file /var/log/lpd-errs and found this:
>
>   /usr/local/sbin/stylps: /usr/local/gnu/bin/gs: permission denied
> /usr/local/sbin/lpstyl: printing started
> /usr/local/sbin/lpstyl: printing finished, exiting

First, make sure you have the ghostscript package installed. It will
go into /usr/pkg/bin/gs. Then either change the bogus path, or make a
link at the expected location.

I've dropped current-users from the header, because it's not really an
appropriate place for this question. netbsd-help would probably be the
ideal forum, but port-mac68k is OK. Crossposting, BTW, is generally
frowned upon. What happens, is that people who have subscribed to all
the lists then see multiple copies of every message.