Subject: Compiling 1.3
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/05/1998 11:32:16
I downloaded 1.3, including the sources, and attempted to compile GENERIC.
I did the following (logged in as root):

cd /usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/conf
cp GENERIC SYSTEM
config SYSTEM
(it responded "Don't forget to run "make depend")
cd ../compile/SYSTEM
make depend && make

and after a long time & lots of output, it said:

-c vers.c
ld -n -Ttext o -e start -S -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
  text    data    bss     dec      hex
1056504  65796  104100  1226400  12b6a0
#Nov 5 03:35:11 sendmail[5201]:NOQUEUE:SYSERR(root):hashmap "Alias0":unsafe
map file /etc/aliases
no such file or directory

which tells me both too much and not enough! Any suggestions?

Dan Killoran

Got a device you would like to have run on the Mac? Call:
                 Daniel-the-Driver-Maker
      Fast service - accurate work - responsive support

         (Offer void wherever taxed or prohibited!)