Subject: Re: ispell
To: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/23/1998 10:23:07
On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Dr. Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Joe Laffey wrote:
>
> > I don't have either of those files. I don't see them in the misc part of
> > the pkgsrc either. Am I missing something here?
>
> Yep. To most of the NetBSD folks there's a difference between the main
> distribution and the packages. To you, and to most of the folks who have
> recently found NetBSD, there's not as clear a difference. That's not to
> say you're doing anything wrong. If anything, we need to make the
> documents clearer.

I know exaclty what you are talking about. I have been calling the release
distributions "sets" because that's the name of the directory on the ftp
server. The packages I call packages (duh..).

The question is.. How can I help to move some of the sets into packages?
If someone with know-how could set up a webpage detailing the manufacture
of packages I bet we would have a lot more of them. I would be happy to
set some up. I've checked out the pkg_create man page. It doesn't look too
terribly tough. The man page mentions using some kind of front-end program
instead of pakg_create directly. What would that program be?

Thanks,

Joe Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging
St. Louis, MO