Subject: ppp problems
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/13/1998 03:43:17
	Just last night I started having problems dialing up my ISP with
PPP on my Q630. Minicom works just great, and dials the modem just fine,
but when I try to use pppd, the transmitting light on my modem flashes for
just a split second and then nothing happens. I've checked the processes
with a ps -ax and chat IS being executed. All my logs tell me is that PPP
was started and that the connect script failed. Lotsa help there ;-)

	No stale lock files, no hardware problems, and it worked fine
yesterday! ;-) Maybe it decided to take the night off... I dunno. Any
ideas? This came about just after a friend tried dialing up my machine...
I had getty running on both tty01 and tty00 for dialup. I turned getty off
on the modem port so that I could run ppp and, well... you know the rest.

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!