Subject: SCSI problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ron Thompson <Wax66@ix.netcom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/12/1998 19:05:22
Okay, I got X running no problem (found the info in the FAQ), but I'm
still having problems with my SCSI.  Today I can't even get anything to
run!  I tried replacing the generic kernel with the generic sbc, but it
won't even boot at all with that one.
I get varying errors, from:

Boot error: This kernel is not in a format which the booter can execute.

Boot error: Failed to read executable header from kernel image.

during booting, and, if booting succeeds (sometimes it really does, I
swear!), I get something like:

sd1(sbc0:1:0): medium error, info=12202 (or sometimes 82248) (decimal),
data= 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00
and something about a signal 11.

Ugh!
Does someone have a kernel out there that works with this SCSI?  It's a
Quantum CTS160S.

I have gotten everything working okay with my other SCSI, but as this
one is 4 times larger than my old 40 meg (hehe), I'm rather stubborn
about keeping this one!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!
  -Ron