Subject: Re: Mounting Floppies
To: henning loeser <loeser@ma1304.physik.uni-marburg.de>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/17/1998 09:39:03
henning loeser wrote:
> I tried to mount a MSDOS formated floppy in the internal drive but
> failed completely with an error like /dev/fd0 no such device
> Are floppies supported at all? Am I using the wrong device ?

(i think that this is mentioned in the faq, btw)

no, they are not supported.  someone (hauke fath?) was working on an lkm
which sort of supported reading from the older 800k floppy drives, but no
one had done any work (that i know of) to support the newer fdhd floppy
drives.  the mac floppies aren't very netbsd friendly, anyway, since they
require polling in such a way that multi-tasking is pretty much put on
hold (kinda like the way that everything freezes under macos when you
insert a floppy).

later.