Subject: Re: NetBSD on PB150
To: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/1997 11:36:45
> multi-user and everything just fine. But, the ADB is NOT working. I'm
> using a kernel compiled with MRG_ADB commented out. If anyone wants it I

There's your problem. Try using MRG ADB on that machine. The ADB chip
in the 540's is not supported by the hardware direct ADB stuff yet.
That's what MRG is specifically designed for. :)

> 	BTW... with those diffs someone posted last weekend for the Quadra
> video... works great, and I'm now happily running X Windows. I've gotten

I've discovered that the patch only works by fluke. We need to work on
something better. Bascially, the patch forces a match in the intvid
routines. We can do that without probing a faulty memory address. :-)