Subject: my ifconfig.ae0 file & httpd at startup
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Albers-Mead <jam@matchlogic.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/13/1997 12:11:28
Two questions:

Can anybody tell me what is supposed to be in the ifconfig.ae0 file?  Let's
pretend that the following were the numbers that I intended to use:

       ip  204.144.184.111
  netmask  255.255.255.0
broadcast  204.144.184.255
     name  toadie.something.com

I have been doing a manual ifconfig and everything works fine but I'm
getting tired of typing all of that in each time (I actually wrote a perl
script to do it for me but would rather have it all work correctly at
startup).

Next, I would also like to have httpd launch at start up but don't have a
clue as to what I'm doing.  I modified the rc.local file trying to emulate
the rc file (I think this is right) but it just prints out to the screen
what I hoped it would execute.  If I needed to run this line:

   /usr/local/apache/httpd -f /usr/loacl/apache/src/conf/httpd.conf

1- Where would I put it and
2- what exactly would I say?

- JAM

   			                    John Albers-Mead