Subject: Re: fvwm2 troubles
To: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
From: Kazuyoshi Kato <kazk@yyy.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/23/1997 18:12:04
> okay, i got fvwm2 up and running. problem: mouse buttons don't work. any
> suggestions?
> the title bars change shades of gray when you move across them, but none of
> the bottons seem to do anything.
>   - a
>
> ----- Armen Babikyan - armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu - http://electron.xeo.net ------
>                       ----<insert lame quote here>----

  I just compiled fvwm2, to be more accurate to say, fvwm-2.0.42(suppose
it's not the latest one.  Where can I get the latest one, still availabe
at ftp://ftp.hpc.uh.edu/pub/fvwm??) and installed(installed as fvwm2,
since I still need 1.24r!) on my NetBSD/mac68k without any errors,
except several warnings, mostly they're related to signals, last night
and run OK.
  I'm not sure what mice you're using, though my mouse, Apple's one
button mouse(Apple Desktop Bus Mouse) is working well, button 2 and 3
emulation as well.  You should see your .fvwmrc first.  If you cp-ed
sample rc file which came with source as system.fvwmrc, is normally
installed at /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm and using it, you might noticed
that there's no "InitFunction" except FvwmButtons defined, and -e option
for Exec doesn't work(not sure it's a bug or not yet, I need more
exploration).
  Or your problem is not related to window manager however X server or
your mouse?

  -- kaz-k