Subject: Compiling the system
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/20/1997 19:33:02
OK, I have the 1.2.1 sources & am trying to compile the system. Colin
Wood's HOWTO says that config uses the following files:

              sys/arch/mac68k/conf/SYSTEM			MISSING
             sys/arch/mac68k/conf/std.mac68k
             sys/arch/mac68k/conf/files.mac68k
             sys/arch/mac68k/conf/Makefile.mac68k
             sys/arch/m68k/conf/files.m68k			m68k missing
             sys/conf/files

of which the 2 indicated are missing. sys/arch/mac68k/conf contains:

GENERIC         OCELOT          RAMDISK         files.mac68k
Makefile.mac68k PUMA            SPOT            std.mac68k

I tried to "soldier on" by just trying the joe earwig example:

~/sys/arch/mac68k/conf % config SYSTEM

from the /usr/src directory and got:

/root/sys/arch/mac68k/conf: Command not found.

I went  looking for the "conf" command & couldn't find it. I know it is
just some stupid thing that "everybody knows" but I don't! Do you?

Thanks,
Dan Killoran

Got a device you would like to have run on the Mac? Call:
                 Daniel-the-Driver-Maker
      Fast service - accurate work - responsive support

         (Offer void wherever taxed or prohibited!)