Subject: Once again, a Snapshot
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/14/1997 06:48:07
I have just uploaded a new snapshot to puma, at:

  ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/eskimo.copy

These were built with July 9 sources.  I did not upload new kernels because
the ones I built with July 12 sources hung immediately after the line:

  root file system type: ffs

The next line should have been swapctl mounting swap, but the machine was
hung so hard I couldn't even break into ddb...

An interesting side note:
On my C610, I'm running Mac OS 8.0beta5, and get 26.4K connections thru
ATT worldnet.  When running with the original 68LC040 at 20MHz, I was
seeing 20% packet loss, with transfer speeds of 700cps.  Running a 68040
at 28.6MHz, I got 0.3% packet loss and around 2400cps.  My thanks to
Brad Salai and his Rocket 040, which makes this improvement possible. :)

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>