Subject: Re: Hard drive formatting problem
To: None <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@CompuServe.COM>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/08/1997 17:59:00
>i had a similar problem with a seagate drive, the solution for me was to
>move a set of jumpers on the drive to a different setting--many drives
>have jumpers that allow manipulation of drive functions. mine has delay
>motor start, etc...check out FWB's tools (eg, world control), which
>should also show what scsi operations can be changed.

I was hoping to pop open the case tonight and take another look at the
jumper settings.  I go the diagrams (again) off Quantum's web site last
night.  Doesn't look like I will get to it tonight though.

>You also might
>want to check out your owner's manual that came with the drive, or write
>to the company for one.

Duh!  You know it never even occured to me to ask if there was an owner's
manual to this thing!  Thanks for the suggestion.  I will have to call or
write Quantum, though, because I bought the drive at a computer fair.

Thanks,

Sean.

T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
71410.25@compuserve.com

"...determines to remain seized of the matter."