Subject: Re: Lost target files until reboot
To: brian <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/04/1997 06:28:25
On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, brian wrote:
> Is it really necessary to recompile the kernel? can that be done given
> the current bugginess of my os? Would it be easier with a mac-side
> compiler? (Codewarrier9 and Think C7 live somewhere on my harddrive). On
> the other hand i've got two O'Reilly books: "porting with gcc" and
> "imake". would those help me do a recomile? Machine: Q700, 20MB RAM.

Compiling a NetBSD kernel under MacOS is probably not going to be easy at
all... standard Mac compilers won't work since they generate Mac
applications, with CODE resources, etc... A NetBSD/mac68k kernel needs to
be an "a.out" format file.

Anyways, if you'd like, I can compile a NetBSD-current kernel for you.
Just send me any patches you want applied, and a kernel config file (or
let me know if you want a GENERIC kernel).

My offer's open to everyone, btw... if anyone wants a mac68k kernel from
-current sources, send me a kernel config and any patches you want, and
I'll send you a kernel whenever I have some time :) (probably within a few
days). Also let me know if you'd prefer .sit.hqx format or .tar.gz.uu (or
.gz.uu or whatever :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++