Subject: Re: Re: Lost target files until reboot
To: None <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/01/1997 11:53:14

> Waaah!
> ***Lost target files until reboot***
>
> i've got a copy of APS and hdsetup by apple. i'm just trying out the APS
> formatter (installed a 3.0 aux partitions) which is not as straitforward
> as apple's hdsetup (for aux 2.0 partitions).  The 160MB hard drive is a
> IBM drive w/apple driver originally packaged with the Q700--that's why
> i've been using apple's hdset formatter.  i've used FWB's tools for a
> variety of tests. Does hdsetup or APS formatter do what you suggest?

I'm sorry. I wasn't clear. Whatever you were using to make the partitions
was fine. I was suggesting you use something which will REALLY stress
the drive. FWB is what I had in mind, but other things might be ok.

Basically do the write test where it writes to every sector on the
disk.

I doubt your partition layout is the problem.

Take care,

Bill