Subject: Re: more Quadra 840AV woes
To: Gregory S. Nesbitt <gsn5262@osfmail.isc.rit.edu>
From: Nigel Pearson <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/30/1997 10:38:52
> I'm making an attempt to get 1.2.1 to boot on my Quadra 840AV with 16MB of
> RAM.  I'm using Booter 1.9.5 and the straight 1.2.1 kernel.
> P.S. What is that raw BUZZ noise that the box emits as its switching to
> console video?  Is it supposed to do that? :I

	Aha! That is an indication that you need to zap your PRAM.
It seems to be an "AV Mac only" problem, so I suspect that I need
to modify the Booter to disable DMA from EtherNet, Sound or Video-
in channels. But for now, zapping the PRAM usually does the trick.

--
|Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au|"so we came up with a golden rule   |
| Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust. | whatever works for you             |