Subject: Re: Quadra 610 Installation
To: Mike Ekholm <ekholm@skypoint.com>
From: G. Evans <gevans@televar.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/22/1997 13:37:56
On Thu, 22 May 1997, Mike Ekholm wrote:

> Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 14:48:54 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Mike Ekholm <ekholm@skypoint.com>
> To: Tom English <tenglish@iol.ie>
> Cc: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: Quadra 610 Installation
>
> On Sun, 18 May 1997, Tom English wrote:
>
> > I have a Quadra 610 with 20MB of RAM and an adjustable keyboard. I
> > wonder if kernel support for this machine and ADB Adjustable Keybs is in
> > the current release of MacBSD 1.2.1? I installed the kernel only on to
> > an external Quantum ProDrive LPS 40 which is partitioned as root and usr
> > and mounted as sd0 and it threw a kernel error saying "panic: address
> > error" after dumping four lines of hex code. Is this something to do
> > with the machine (there are some curious adb messages as the UNIX kernel
> > attempts to boot) or should I take the plunge and download the 7.3 MB
> > base121 file and expect a proper boot?

I have been successfully running 1.2 and now 1.2.1 on my Quadra 610 for a
while now including Black and white X, might I suggest that you try the
madhatter kernels?

They are available thanks to the efforts of Steve Brown at
ftp://ftp.best.com/pub.s/sbrown/kernels

Regards,

Greg Evans

<obligatory.signature>

 "One of the deep mysteries to me is our logo, the symbol of lust and
knowledge, bitten into, all crossed with in the colors of the rainbow in
the wrong order. You couldn't dream of a more appropriate logo: lust,
knowledge, hope, and anarchy." Gassee - Apple Logo

  The Box said Win '95 or better - So I used a Macintosh!
			-Harold Herbert Tessman

   The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
   armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological
   chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling
   second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place.
			-Douglas Adams, on Windows '95

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
			-Mark Twain

"Is this *idiocy*?  Or something so brilliant that it just *looks*
stupid?"
			-Gary Kasparov

</obligatory.signature>