Subject: Re: Request for Assistance
To: Don Barclay <dbc@netaccess.on.ca>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/1997 01:06:44
Hi,

It looks like NetBSD doesn't like your video card.  It boots fine on my
IIcx with an Asante ethernet card, so i don't think those are your
problems.  The dump you gave seems to confirm a video board problem.  DO
you have any other boards that you could try?

Mark

On Tue, 20 May 1997, Don Barclay wrote:

> After installing NetBSD 1.2.1 I receive the following results on boot.
>
> My Hardware consists of
> Mac IIcx, 17 MB ram, 1 Gb Hd HFS volume, 160 Mb UNIX volume, Apple
> Greyscale Portrait Monitor and Video Card, Asante ethernet card, apple
> extended keyboard and apple mouse.
>

> [preserving 93836 bytes of netbsd symbol table]
> Bootstrapping NetBDS/mac68K.
> Getting mapping from MMU.
> System RAM: 17825792 bytes in 4352 pages
>      Low = 0x0, high = 0x1100000
> no internal video at address 0 - videoaddr is 0xfaa00040
> Done.
> Bootstrapping the pmap system.
> Pmap bootstrapped.
> Moving ROMBase from 0x40800000 to 0x9dd000.
> Video address 0xfaa00040 -> 0xbdd040

Looks like your problem is here.

> system then hangs, when interrupt switch pressed.
>
> Panic switch: PC 0x323c.
> Stopped at _Debugger+0x6:unlk a6
> db> unexpected trap; vector offset 0x0 from 0x439c0000
>
> Could someone please help, I do not understand how to correct this problem.

Mark Andres             E-mail: mark@giganet.net
    Running NetBSD and 100% Microsoft Free!