Subject: Weird: Illegal Instruction Errors on an 030?
From: David A. Gatwood <marsmail@globegate.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/14/1997 18:21:34
I've almost gotten things working network-wise (I'll be using IP
Masquerading as soon as the 7600 box finishes building the linux server
with IP Masq turned on... (forgot one option).  Now, as soon as the ppp
link goes up and I actually make a connection, routed core dumps with an
illegal instruction error (at least gdb on the core says it's an illegal
instruction error).  Other programs did that yesterday, like update and
vi. I'm assuming that this means I still need the fpu-less math libs, but
I'm curious as to why the problems don't show up until the network starts
getting exercised.  It's fairly consistent, too.  Anybody know?

David