Subject: Having problems getting NetBSD to work...
To: None <port-mac68k-owner@NetBSD.ORG>
From: C Lee \(_JeT_\) <clee@jet.samanet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/12/1997 18:03:23
I am using release 1.2 on a Performa 550, and it isn't seeming to work...

I have (amazingly) gotten it installed and all of that worked fine.  But
when using the booter utility it goes through the boot process then stops.

It starts fine, then it continues and recognizes the other SCSI devices on
my system, and mounts SCSI ID 0 as root.  But after that, there is a line
that reads :
PRAM:0x33748c9e, macos_boottime: 0x33748c89.
Then it stops, and does nothing, when I hit return it says :
panic: kernel jump to zero
then shows the address where the debugger stopped, and puts me to a prompt
of 'db>'

Any suggestions?

-- Chern Lee
clee@jet.samanet.com