Subject: Qudra 610 again
To: macbsd <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adrian Fowler <adrian@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/30/1997 17:56:08
Howdy,

This is a big one..

I notice from the supported machines list that the Quadra should support 1
bit graphics, however after getting X11 to recognise the libraries it still
has problems booting, specifically the screen not found problem.  The
devices exist, but shecking the boot messages they arn't being initialised.

I'm currently using the GENERIC22 kernel from Allen's (sorry about spelling,
I can't exactly remember the name right now) web page.  I have downloaded
the 21 and 16 kernels from the same place, and a GENERIC9 kernel from
another place (all accessd from the meta faq site lists)

I use te other kernels because the distributed netbsd12 kernel dies early on
in the boot process.

So, _does_ the Quadra 610 (1MB VRAM 20MB RAM) support B/W XWindows as the
machine list suggests?  If so, any clues as to why mine does not (if, like I
suspect the kernel I am using doesn't support the grf0/1 devices then which
one will?)

Oh.. and another point, since changing kernels the ps command no longer
works, wrong amount of information returned from kernel or something to that
effect, any clues out there on how to fix it (I don't have enough disk space
currently allocated for the entire source tree)

Cheers

adrian
--
        Adrian M. Fowler          | Time flies like an arrow  |
      adrian@dcs.qmw.ac.uk        | Fruit flies like a banana |