Subject: MAKEDEV frustrations
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Ostrowick <jon@macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/29/1997 09:35:32
for some odd reason, every time i install netbsd it DELETES /dev/MAKEDEV
(or doesn't install it).

please can someone send it to me? the one i extracted from the etc tarball
merely contained a long copyright notice, and no actual commands other than

echo 'no such device' - and that's all it does.

i type sh MAKEDEV.local pty0 and it says - no such device.

please can someone send me the real thing in a mail message? i really need
more than 4 pty's.

i promise i'll make a thousand backups of it so i don't have to ask again

i really don't know why my installers don't install it for me
it's so irritating...

thanks

John Ostrowick
Computer Science Department, University of the Witwatersrand
1 Jan Smuts Ave, Johannesburg, South Africa. 1st Floor, Senate House 1012
Phone: +27 (011) 716-3783
jon@cs.wits.ac.za or jon@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za or jon@is.co.za
My web page is on my server's: http://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/
My ftp site: ftp://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/macenroe/pub/
My listserv: subscr@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za (any message with a body)