Subject: Re: Beginner questions
To: T. Sean <71410.25@compuserve.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/27/1997 11:32:14

> To Olivier Boudry, Don Woodward Jr. and Zachary Beese,
>
> Thanks guys!  Thanks to you, I now see the wonderful, broad world of man
> pages stretching out before me!
>
> A couple more questions: Where can I find an emacs for NetBSD (ftp)?
> And, if I find emacs in as a .gzip.tar, would I be able to install it on
> my system using the NetBSD Installer 1.1?

Probably, or you can just use the cpin command to get it into NetBSD, and
then use "tar xzf emacs.tar.gz" to extract it. "x" means extract, z means
the file is gzipped, and f emacs.tar.gz says use the file emacs.tar.gz.
You can also do a tar tzf emacs.tar.gz to see what's in the archive,
which is good to do to make sure it extracts into the right place.

Take care,

Bill