Subject: can not mount hfs-disk with hfsutils
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/26/1997 13:15:00
--Cyberdog-AltBoundary-000276EF

Hello everybody!

If just compiled hfsutils1.19b on my Q700. No problem, but when i want
to use it i can=B4t mount any hfs-disk.
This is what i typed:
hmount /dev/sd0a
and this is what i get:
hmount: sd0a: unable to abtain lock for device (Operatin not
supported)

I tried it with every device from sd0a to sd0h, nothing worked.
I have three disk on the scsi-bus, ID0, ID1 and ID3. The ID1 is the
bootdevice for
netbsd.

The man-pages tell me to use hmount /dev/sd0 [partion-number], but i
think this won=B4t work under NetBSD because there is no sd0.

What=B4s wrong?

Is it a problem with the Quadra 700 ?
I tried it with G21 and madhatter #35, same problem.

Bye,
	Christoph

This message was created and sent using the Cyberdog Mail System

--Cyberdog-AltBoundary-000276EF

<X-FONTSIZE><PARAM>12</PARAM><FONTFAMILY><PARAM>Geneva</PARAM>Hello
everybody!

If just compiled hfsutils1.19b on my Q700. No problem, but when i want

to use it i can=B4t mount any hfs-disk.

This is what i typed:

hmount /dev/sd0a

and this is what i get:

hmount: sd0a: unable to abtain lock for device (Operatin not
supported)

I tried it with every device from sd0a to sd0h, nothing worked.

I have three disk on the scsi-bus, ID0, ID1 and ID3. The ID1 is the

bootdevice for

netbsd.

The man-pages tell me to use hmount /dev/sd0 [partion-number], but i

think this won=B4t work under NetBSD because there is no sd0.

What=B4s wrong?

Is it a problem with the Quadra 700 ?

I tried it with G21 and madhatter #35, same problem.

Bye,

	Christoph</FONTFAMILY></X-FONTSIZE><SMALLER><X-FONTSIZE><PARAM>10</PAR=
AM><FONTFAMILY><PARAM>Geneva</PARAM>

TSIZE></SMALLER><SMALLER><X-FONTSIZE><PARAM>10</PARAM><FONTFAMILY><PARA=