Subject: X
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John S. <webmaster@indra.seanet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/21/1997 15:26:51
Well I have X (xbase12 xcomp12 with the Xmacbsd.960512 server) running on
my se/30, with only one problem and a couple of questions. (I have waded
through the man pages, and searched the web for Xwindows tutorials before
asking these :P )

The problem:
The xconsole apparently isnt working -i.e. when I drop a ppp connection
to my isp, the text is displayed "over" the X windows rather than in the
xconsole window.. I am unsure what I am doing wrong.

The questions:
1) How do I change the size of the font in the windows?
2) Where is xbiff? I saw it mentioned on a README in one of the macbsd X
directories mentioned in an example .xinitrc file.. but it isnt in my
X11R6/ directories..?
3) What applications, etc should I be trying to fully discover the
wonders of Xwindows?

I cant afford another book right now, so If anyone has any good online
tutorials, etc I would greatly appreciate the locations..

john