Subject: Re: other resolutions for dt and X ?
To: None <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/21/1997 11:44:38
Hello Allen!

> > I use the madhatter#35 and xserver19961105 with the internal video.
> > If i try to use dt or X with 832x??? nothing happend. dt prints something
> > like no grf-device. But it works fine with 640x480 and internal video.
>
> When you log in, the grf0 information should display whatever it is that
> X and dt will use for the screen dimensions.

When i boot with 832x??? i can see it during the booting for grf0.
But either dt or X run with this resolution. I always have to kill NetBSD
with the reset-switch. I tried out the NMI-switch and make a ps. Every
process that was in the .xinitrc was running, but the internal video was
locked. I couldn't make any keyboard input and the screen was blank.

Now to everybody on the list:
My problem: want to use dt and X on my Q700 with resolution set to 832x???
but when i start X or dt i get a blank screen.
When go thought the debugger i can see that every process of the .xinitrc
was running.
Is there a fix for this problem?
Is someone using a Quadra700 with the internal video set to another
resolution than 640x480?
I use the madhatter#35 with xserver19961105.

Bye,
	Christoph

Christoph Ewering         eweri@uni-paderborn.de
Husarenstrasse 48         Fon: 05254 12555
33104 Paderborn           www.uni-paderborn.de/Admin/eweri/