Subject: Re: Installer crashes on LC II
To: Russell Cotton <rcotton@tenet.edu>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/21/1997 11:06:23
I had the same problem when I was trying to use Installer 1.1a on my IIcx.  I
"downgraded" to 1.1 (no letter) and it worked fine.  BTW, i would still try
giving
the installer a large memory allotment.

Mark

At 7:42 AM 97.1.20, Russell Cotton wrote:
> I tried upping the memory partition to 4500K and it still crashes as the
> installation dialog box appears. I can enter the mini-shell and change
> the directory structure (ie. add and remove directories), so I know the
> file system is OK.
>
> It doesn't make any sense. Maybe it is the version of the installer
> (1.1c). Is that too new? Do I need an older version that is more tested?
>
> Joseph Cotton
> rcotton@tenet.edu

Mark Andres                  Head, Support Dept.
           GIGANET by Business Network Telecom (BNT)
E-mail:  mark@giganet.net    URL: http://www.giganet.net/staff/mark/
Nihongo: $B%^!<%/(J $B%"%s%I%l%#%9!"!!%5%]!<%HItD9!"!!(JGIGANET (BNT)