Subject: Re: Color X on Quadra
To: Duncan McQueen <duncan@visionary.com>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/17/1997 16:43:14
> I saw before that someone was working on a Kernel that would recognize the
> video and be able to utilize the color X server on the Quadra series...
> Is this true? And if so, where can I find a copy of it?

Right now people are looking into the hardware. I'm sort of the "color video
guy" right now and I'm close to a II/LC series color kernel. Due to grad
school I'm going to be pressed for time for about a month and a half so
don't expect to see anything on that too soon.

As far a Quadra work, somebody with better access to a Quarda is supposedly
investigating the hardware right now.

I'd like to modularize the video code so when I get the II/LC code out it
will be one video code "module". Then people simply need to find out how their
respective hardware works and create their own module. This way people don't
have to copy code that does stuff like change colors to grays, etc.

The best ETA for color video is a few months right now.