Subject: Kernel for Microspeed mouse
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/14/1997 10:18:00
While we are on the topic of kernels, I have a Microspeed 3-button mouse.
Are there any kernels that support the use of buttons 2 and 3 for this
mouse?  It is probably too much to ask for, but how about kernels that
support this mouse AND run the color X server?  So far, I have tried
GENERIC #1 which recognizes it as a "100dpi mouse", taras GENERIC color
(date stamped 10/21/96 on the ftp site), and netbsd.040296.GENERIC.grf from
the colorkit.  None of these allow the use of buttons 2 or 3 when using X.

BTW, netbsd.050896.GENERIC.grf from the colorkit would not boot on my IIcx
with a "Toby" video.  Also, when running color X using the taras GENERIC
color kernel, problems with the display not refreshing certain portions of
the screen and video reversing when using dt.  I am using the 960506
version of Xmacbsd.

It would be nice to use color X, but I would gladly give up that ability if
I could use buttons 2 and 3 on the mouse.  I know that I can use
Option+Right-Arrow and Option+Left-Arrow.  However, being right-handed, I
use the mouse with my right hand and it is awkward to try the
Option+Arrow-key combinations with my left hand.  I would rather use dt
which uses familiar Command-C and Command-V for copy and paste
respectively.

Any help in getting my mouse working properly would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Mark Andres                  Head, Support Dept.
           GIGANET by Business Network Telecom (BNT)
E-mail:  mark@giganet.net    URL: http://www.giganet.net/staff/mark/
Nihongo: $B%^!<%/(J $B%"%s%I%l%#%9!"!!%5%]!<%HItD9!"!!(JGIGANET (BNT)