Subject: Re: problems with kernel on Q630
To: Matt Ahrens <matt@callnet.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/10/1997 23:31:37
On Sat, 11 Jan 1997 01:45:41 -0500
 Matt Ahrens <matt@callnet.com> wrote:

 > then it touches the disk slightly, and then hangs. if i hit return, it says:
 > panic: kernel jump to zero
 > Stopped at        _Debugger+0xc:     unlk      a6

This happens when the program counter get set to 0x0.  What's probably
happened is the kernel attempted to jump though a NULL function pointer.
The return address should be on the stack... at the db> prompt, type
"trace"... that should give Scott more info :-)

 > i wonder if there is something wrong with my disk setup, because it touches
 > the disk just before it dies.

..nah, it's probably not your disk setup... if a bogus disk set up causes
a "jump to zero" panic, something more serious is wrong.