Subject: Re: X
To: @-- ReeD ->- <reed@mork.uni.uiuc.edu>
From: John Valdes <valdes@macavity.uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/10/1997 21:34:54
@-- ReeD ->- writes:
> 	This may be a stupid question, but how would I go about
> setting up something so that X is automatically run, continually.

As someone else answered, xdm will do this for you.

> 	Also, in the XTerm default-app thing, it has VT100Menu
> and FontMenu, which I don't know how i could make available in an
> XTerm window. The only thing that seems to work is the MainMenu
> thing...

The VT100Menu is activated by pressing <Control>-<Middle mouse button>
and the FontMenu by <Control>-<Right mouse button>.  If you don't have
a three-button mouse, you can press <Option>-<Left arrow> to simulate
the middle button, and <Option>-<Right arrow> to simulate the right
button; to activate the VT100 menu you would then press
<Control>-<Option>-<Left arrow>.

John