Subject: Report on Power Manager driver
To: Takashi Hamada <hamada@next.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp>
From: Luca BONCI <bonci@ipifidpt.difi.unipi.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/10/1997 09:22:27
Hello, I installed the Hamada sbc Kernel on my PB520 (12M Ram, 60M Unix
Partition) and I am really satisfied because finally I could boot
NetBSD on my system.

I found the following problems:

sometimes, using common command like 'ls' or 'man' or 'vi',
a 'segmentation fault' error is generated and a ls.core (or vi.core ...)
file is dumped. Anyway the system does not crash and if you repeat the
command it works.

adduser does not work: the system answer 'command not found'
passwd does not work: the system reply is 'password file is busy'

I tried also to use the C compiler with a very short and stupid
'test' program. The compiler seems to work but the system does not
recognize the executable, i.e., the answer is 'command not found'.

I hope this report can help in fixing the bugs,

regards,

luca